Author Topic: FNG here from Central Illinois.  (Read 5325 times)

Offline wannagofast2

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.81 in the 1/8th
  • Your Track: Havana Il
  • Your Vehicle: 1952 ford truck
FNG here from Central Illinois.
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
Greetings to all. My name is Mike and Im a new guy here from Central Illinois. My hobbies are tradtional styled hot rods and old harleys. Thats pretty much all I spend my time on. I built the 52 ford truck pictured below with the help of the guys in my club (Bombers Car Club Illinois). We did the standard car shows for a long time and drove our cars on the street but when my buddy did a 62 falcon gasser and we all went the track, everything changed!!!! LOL. I have been racing the old truck (with a set of real slicks) for about a 1 1/2 now and I want to go faster. She does 7.81 consistently in the 1/8th. I'd like to put it back on the street and build/buy a FED. As far as I am concerned there is nothing cooler. Love the nostalgia stuff and am not interested in anything new. Just not my thing. Looking forward to learning and hopefully living FED's very soon! Mike.

Offline Van

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.11 @ 189 with this car
  • Your Engine: Lincoln blown alky 534
  • Your Track: Bakersfield Ca.
  • Your Vehicle: Dragster
  • General Location: west coast
Re: FNG here from Central Illinois.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »
Hi Mike & welcome   FED's are a lot of fun, when you build or buy it post it on the forum.  With luck you will grow out of the "put a Chevy in everything" mode, if not you will still fit in here just fine.
 Van

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:55:36 AM »
Welcome!

No FNGs here just members

I added the picture as your avatar
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:07:01 AM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline George

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1964 Mercury Comet Super Stock/ M automatic
  • General Location: Midwest USA
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 04:59:08 AM »
Welcome Mike!
 I run the red blown SBC FED  with the Nostalgia Quick series @ Central Illinois Dragway. I am in regular contact with Jeff the track manager. We are already working on 2015 and you can expect a lot more Nostalgia racing in Havana. Come to our October NQS race and hang with us . My driver will be out of the country on vacation but I will be there helping others.

I do have several items for sale . Most are from the injected engine we ran last season. It ran low 5.00 on alky.

George
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:26:51 PM by George »

Offline wannagofast2

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.81 in the 1/8th
  • Your Track: Havana Il
  • Your Vehicle: 1952 ford truck
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
Thanks all! It really is a blast. George will definitely look you up at Havana next time we are down there. My buddy kip has the high life gasser so if I don't have my truck, I'll be close to that car! Mike.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »
Welcome.  I hear feds are blalst to drive. Right now I am a going to be.Going to be driving again if I ever this this car finished.  SBC would be great choice even if it fits in because there are tons of them in feds that are flying.  Feds are fairly lite compared to msot anything else running at dragstrip and ti only take two things to go fast power and lite weight. The lighter the less power required.

Go get or build you one and have a blast.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot