Technical > Roo Man's Room

Best radiator

<< < (2/3) > >>

Oldschool:
Thanks for the info. everyone.Glenn what about the tubing you used to the engine from the radiator ?
I have a 434, gas, carb. Combination ,so I can get together and make runs. Then look at changing to a alky injection set up.

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: Oldschool on April 09, 2014, 08:00:47 AM ---Thanks for the info. everyone.Glenn what about the tubing you used to the engine from the radiator ?
I have a 434, gas, carb. Combination ,so I can get together and make runs. Then look at changing to a alky injection set up.

--- End quote ---

Originally I ran a custom aluminum tube that coupled with a stock rubber hose but have gone to an AN fitting with a braided hose.

I'm was originally trying to be able to hot lap the dragster, but now am in the mode of being pulled back to the pits and using the setup to cool the engine, I can do a pit turnaround in 15 to 20 minutes.

Welded the fitting to the "stock" blower outlet

90 degree fitting puts the hose right where I want it

A lot of stuff to see here, right side of the picture you can see the black cloth braided hose coming off the fitting and going to the radiator.
Left side there is a small "burp" tank to get the air out of the system, a small line runs from the bottom of the tank to the water pump and at the top of the tank there is a small line that runs from the intake (highest point in the coolant system) to the top of the tank. When the pump is running there is a constraint stream of water coming into the tank from the high point (along with any trapped air) and the pump is constantly pulling water from the bottom of the tank.

Racing6:
we are running one from a rabbit works real good, and only $80 new from auto parts store. they even had it in stock

BK:

--- Quote from: 225digger on April 09, 2014, 06:45:19 AM ---i have an aluminum rad from a civic also . got it on ebay . its a pretty small rad , i need to alter the inlet and outlet for AN fittings, im still putting the car together but i think it will do good . im going bbc with alky injection to start out .

--- End quote ---
When I did mine I bought an 11/4" or 11/2" by 1" aluminum reducing bushing. Turned the threads down until it fit nice and welded it in.
 I drove my car back after a run never had problems with engine temp. Leave line at 180deg would be 200deg at the finish line and 160deg when I got back to the pit.

buickfed:
we run the ebay Honda radiator also, but its the only cheap one that will fit between the rails which are only 16" wide. special 16's" are costly. new rails are a lot wider so they have more choices. but the engine does get hot. hopefully the electric w/p will help the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version