Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

Altereds from the past

<< < (4/7) > >>

Flyingdutchmanfc:

Flyingdutchmanfc:

Flyingdutchmanfc:

Flyingdutchmanfc:

Marks63Catalina:
That pic of the interior of the Screamer altered is fantastic. Couple of things stand out. The push button trans (chrysler torqueflite) console for the trans must have been crazy in a car like that. Just finding, gripping, and shifting a stick must be hard enough in an altered, but to find and push a button with that kind of acceleration and the antics that the altereds did. I can't magine it. But that doesn't mean it ain't cool. The other thing is the suicide door/doors. Just to have doors is different, can you imagine having some body flex during a run and having the door come open. It definitely makes that pic about an early car. Those pics are great. We have a guy around here (Glendale AZ area) that built a fiat Topalino altered street machine. I have to get a pic of it when I see it. Tunnel rammed small block Chevy, solid mounted body with ingress and egress  thru the open roof. It is a really good close copy of an altered. Makes me want to build one too. More pics Dutchman, more pics. LOL. Oh yeah. One of the most famous altered pics of the Chanook. Just a classic.   Mark L   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version