Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

Altereds from the past

<< < (3/7) > >>

Flyingdutchmanfc:

Candy-Man:
Just stunning pic's....  After the late 60's / early 70's, just my opinion, the era of the altereds were over.  I certainly respect the new altereds for their design and performance....

Marks63Catalina:
Dutchman, I'm new to this site and far from a policy maker, but I can't imagine anyone not liking those pics. They are fanatastic. I have one observation on some pics. Your very first pic is of the Mother-in-Law altered. If you look at the header outlets, three of the four on that side have something in the pipe header, resembling baffels, but I'm sure not a baffle. In an action shot of the same car several pics later, they are not there. I wonder if they were some form of header closer/plug to prevent dirt or prevent the valve from cooling too fast?? I hope some one knows what they are. Keep the pics coming. They are great for studing the parts and combinations that were running back then.
Mark L 

Flyingdutchmanfc:
Mark ive looked that picture over several times for a few years and I have no idea what they are, and why only in 3 cylinders, Good eye !

Here are a few my dad took in the 60's, 

Flyingdutchmanfc:
The Lil Screamer was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

And the inside of the Screamer, Not too many of these floating around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version