Technical > Roo Man's Room

Modifying a chassis to meet spec

<< < (3/4) > >>

andrewb:
Maybe I'll put it on ebay, less the wheels, front axle, and steering box to see what I can get. I can't really afford to have a chassis made right now but I could work on getting this one updated over time.

Andrew

dreracecar:
See what you can get for the whole package, Some people looking into a restoration are more aproachable with the less work and parts hunting the better. If you start picking it apart it becomes less valuble , visualy incomplete to the point that a potential buyer will pass because he cant see the finnished piece.

andrewb:
If I were to replace the front and rear wheels alone with something comparable, that would cost me at least 3k. I also haven't found a front axle as wide as this one (44") and I really like that look of a wide axle. I'm not so much interested in the rear end though, want to going with an 8 3/4.

andrewb:
What would be a reasonable price if I where to set a reserve for it on eBay, or this site for that matter. Front Borrani 17" wheels, rear Romeo Palamedes magnesium wheels, Old rear (don't know the ratio yet) with drum brakes. 141" wheelbase.

Andrew

dreracecar:
You can buy new front wheels for about $700 and a pair of aluminum rears for the same amount. Going to need new tires anyway and you will kill the value of the rears when you add screws to the rim to keep the tires from spinning.
Front axles are just pieces of tube and I can build them up to the longest piece of tubeing available.

I paid $6800 for mine in simular condition,but it came with complete drivetrain and clutch, also had some history to it which is why I paid that amount. would have paid more but I did not buy the rear wheels because they were drilled for screws.

A few weeks ago on the HAMB board in the wanted classifieds someone was looking for a CC project. mine was too complete/finnished for what I think they wanted to spend

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version