Technical > Roo Man's Room

wheelie bars

<< < (3/9) > >>

GlennLever:
Single attachment point, double on the wheely bar

rooman:

--- Quote from: ss4 on February 07, 2014, 08:56:48 AM ---thanks for all the great input.  so are the mounts single or double shear?  hard to see in the photos

--- End quote ---

I use a slotted weld clevis so there is no adjustability of the lateral wheel location to get messed up.

Scroll down this page to see them at the bottom of the third photo.  http://www.neilparks.com/chassis/tubing.htm

Roo

Totally T:
This would be toooooo much flex.

slingshot383:
Single top bar is a no no, if the mount ever broke, you will get speared!  Two upper bars, single lower, length about 1/3 of wheelbase, bottom attach point even with lower frame rails.

Van:
Take a look at the pic (red car) in Roo's post. I could be said that if one or both top mounts broke the driver could also be injured. To make a truly safer set of bars, you would want to move both upper bars out to the widest possible point on the chassis. mounting the lower bar - bars- even lower than the driver to more avoid any injury there. remember in a crash the lower bar might not be in tension.  We will be keeping ours the way they are. I am not telling anyone how to make their bars as anyone who does so could be making a big mistake. Keven just posted a pic as was asked for by the OP. Keven nor I would want it to be a "you should do it this way" reply
 In line with the driver being injured by bars entering the drivers compartment, I agree with SFI making changes to wing mounting over the drivers head. Perhaps wheelie bar mounting will be next in line for change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version