Technical > Roo Man's Room

starter and mag switch

<< < (4/5) > >>

hotrod316:
ours is on the right side,  :) just, a thought, check getting out of the car with your suit on 8) that your shifter does not cost you more $$ it did us. can you say pocket -  firesuit do not mix! amanda's new 20 had pockets  :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ss4:
What are the thoughts on putting them on the butterfly.  Currently have the trans brake on the right side. Could but on the left.

dreracecar:
If a car uses a magneto the switch will have to be in the "ON" posission to shut it down and for that reason is why I like using a marine grade push-pull switch that way in the run mode the button is in and no way of bumping it off and have to pull it out to shut things down

ss4:
true but then the down side is the safety shutoff of just slapping it.   6 of 1 I guess.

dreracecar:
Its all about personal preference, my desision was based on the fact that "I" have seen more cars shut off by the driver killing the engine by accident then the driver shuting the motor off during an accident. The switch with a cover is fine and many racers use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version