Technical > Roo Man's Room

roll cage question

<< < (2/2)

janjon:
Thanks dre, so it's a clearance thing. However your statement that it must be there seems to contradict racecar's statement, if I understood it correctly, that it being lacking (not there) is kosher and does represent best practice??? All should become clear upon the arrival of 2.6A. I recall from the NHRA rule book that the front of the helmet must be 3" min (rearward) from the front hoop, but is there a vertical min. clearance?
John

dreracecar:
Vertical clearence is 2"

Any chassie that must have a NHRA/SFI sticker -MUST have a tube between the uprites. Any chassie that does not have to be inspected or tagged (10.00 and slower) must have that tube in place although most local track inspectors will overlook it because the diagram in the rulebook is not detailed as much as the SFI spec book. I asked another racer about his car and the answer was that it was to save weight on the chassie to allow him to eat a double cheeseburger instead of a single.

rooman:
Bruce (and Steve),
                         thanks for jumping in while I was otherwise occupied over the weekend.

Roo

janjon:
Thanks, everybody, for taking the time to answer. 'Tis now clear. Crystal. Now for some Krystal. Not.
John

hotrod316:
Roo next year DINNER on you 8)
STEVE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version