Technical > Roo Man's Room

Mopar 8 3/4 "

<< < (4/5) > >>

dreracecar:
What are you affraid of comming apart? most of the ones that have blown do so a the hit where there is no speed involved, and ones that go away down the track just knock the teeth off and rattle. Nothing never ever comes out the back and since the spool does not fill up the area within the housing the chunks have some place to go

George:

--- Quote from: dreracecar on December 30, 2013, 09:34:33 AM ---What are you affraid of comming apart? most of the ones that have blown do so a the hit where there is no speed involved, and ones that go away down the track just knock the teeth off and rattle. Nothing never ever comes out the back and since the spool does not fill up the area within the housing the chunks have some place to go
--- End quote ---

Maybe I am being over cautious. The car has an aluminum spool and third member. We have never had a breakage problem and I plan not to.

hotrod316:
QUESTION? COULD YOU PUT A TRAMS BLANKIT OVER THE PIG?

dreracecar:
I have been running the same aluminum spool since '92 w/ 31 spline axles (Ford, no diffference) and curently have been running 7.0 for the last 5 years.

Lorbiecki:
We have a 8 3/4 in our FED and have had zero problems...(Will have to watch out now that I said that!). We have a Moser spool and axles (cant remember what spline, but think it is the biggest they had). We run a 3.90 gear and it has been behind a blown 528" hemi as well as a small block. From what I recall it is big pinion. We have 1.04 60' with it...No real additional stiffeners on ours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version