Technical > Roo Man's Room

Roo Man aluminum welding question

<< < (2/3) > >>

225digger:
i use green to . and gold , and red . all of them .   but i got attached to the purple a few months ago and like it alot .   it holds a point and doesnt ball up like green does .  if you can get some give it a try ..... im not the best aluminum tig welder , but the purple really helped me out alot .

wideopen231:
Actually I just thought about the little torch deal my bother bought at drag race show last year. I think it was call cobra or something and seems there another namr for it starts with H can not  remember. The guy using it did awsome job welding thin aluminum and when he was some the aluminum was still very workable and had ZERo warpage. This would have been perfect to try it out on.

225digger:
i seen the cobra torches , been out for awhile , id like to try one out one day but id have to dig out my OA bottles ... to used to using the tigs for welding , and plasma for cutting .

wideopen231:
I have not used his yet.Watching the guy selling them I would have bought one but did not have the 350.00 extra to spend. Its cutting was best part of it. He did some awsome cutting of evrything up to 1/2".
  Switched tips and did awsome weld on some really thin aluminum and the weld area was same as rest of the material flex and workablity wise. Kicking myself(12D) for not thinking about it sooner.

rooman:
That pistol grip style torch has been sold in the US under the Henrob and Cobra names but the original source is Australia where it was developed by a guy named Dillon. He started out making new mixing tips for the locally available torches in the mid-late 70's and later developed the pistol grip style deal. When he started out he was driving around to all the body shops etc in Adelaide selling them out of his trunk (or "boot" for the Aussies). I had a set of the original mixing tips but have not tried the pistol grip deal.

Roo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version