Technical > Roo Man's Room

Ney guy here.

<< < (2/7) > >>

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: rooman on July 26, 2013, 10:05:18 AM ---

20" is pretty much a standard inside width for a shoulder hoop unless you are wide across the shoulders (like Glenn).

Roo

--- End quote ---

What are you tring to say, that I'm to big

PalliP:

--- Quote from: rooman on July 26, 2013, 10:05:18 AM ---PalliP,
         20" is pretty much a standard inside width for a shoulder hoop unless you are wide across the shoulders (like Glenn). A lot of car have some taper built in with the lower rail closer together than the top as most people are narrower at the hips (although I have seen some WalMart customers that refute that reasoning). Depending on how much you shorten the car from the blueprint you need the space the uprights and cross members to match.
  If you have not already seen the Hot Rod magazine story on the building of Ed Pink's Old Master it is worth a read as it explains a lot of the reasoning and techniques that went into building what was an outstanding car.
 Hopefully this link will take you to the article.              http://wediditforlove.com/techtalk18.html

Roo

--- End quote ---
Thanks, I will read it, saw it some time ago but didnt read it then :(
Glenn you are looking good,  it takes a long time to build up a good traction weight  :D I know every thing about that, now I have to build a rig that I can be in the middle because no lockers holds up when I sit on the left side ;D ;D

PalliP:
Hi there.

I have been Reading the article about the Old Master again and again and I have a question (probably a stupid one)  why is the motor lower at front, is it because of the grafity point?  or is it deeper thoughts behind it?  In the Old Master the motor is 8 degres lower at front.

Another thing I cant decide, that is the tire size.  I have to make up my mind about that so I can build the brackets for the axle, and fasten the motor.  The motor and axle are now setup as I would use 32" tires and it is 5 degrees and With 32" tires I have 9 cm to the ground up to the lower tubes.  I am wondering about lowering the motor/axle to use 28" tires and then I have more room for my big as and legs as the axle goes down.
Then the damper on the engine will be about 2cm from the lower point of the tubes.
Am I thinkin this in the wrong way?

Thanks again for great answers.
Regards.
Palli

PalliP:
More pics.

rooman:
Palli,
       the big dump angle on the motor was how things were done back then, now most are level or half a degree down. Progress looks good on your car and I love the mobile jig. I would make one suggestion and that is to move the rear motor upright so that it is in line with the back of the block and thus will support the rear motor plate better. Doing it that way also helps seal the cockpit off from the engine bay a little better.

Roo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version