Technical > Roo Man's Room

protecting tubing during build

(1/1)

wideopen231:
While probably not a problem for Roo man,doubt he take 2 years to finish chassis. I need to put something on tubing to protect it during build.I can rub down with wd-40 or marvel mystery oil.I need somethine super easy to clean away for welding. Plus needs to be easy enough to wipe off before painting.  Any better ideas.

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: wideopen231 on May 22, 2013, 05:25:54 PM ---While probably not a problem for Roo man,doubt he take 2 years to finish chassis. I need to put something on tubing to protect it during build.I can rub down with wd-40 or marvel mystery oil.I need somethine super easy to clean away for welding. Plus needs to be easy enough to wipe off before painting.  Any better ideas.

--- End quote ---
Those seem like two good options.

ts39256:
I have read about a protective spray called GIBBS. There is a write-up about it at http:/roadsters.com/gibbs/  I`ve never used it, but have heard it`s good. Its also listed at that auction site.

coupemerc:
X2 on the Gibbs! I used it on my bare chassis tubes and unpainted mag body over 6 months ago and it all still looks like new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version