Technical > Roo Man's Room

4 link FED anyone

(1/3) > >>

wideopen231:
Wondering if anyone every tried a 4 link FED. I have worked on idea for while. Only issues are a spec to follow and haveing rearend moving under your butt.Movement not big issue as most don't move but inch or so on 4 link RED from what I have been told.

Putting rear suspenion behind driver is easy,but that would be altard in my opion. Plus I have seen quite a few long altards,not 225" long.
   I know this flys in face of the traditionalist. But hey new ideas are what makes dragracing fun. Plus I would have to finish the FED Im building first and get some runs in and sure the money to build one while running one will be huge issue. Just thinking!

rooman:
Ron Colson ran a blown small block FED with a four link back in the mid to late 60's. His partner in the car was Gary Wood who recently sold his Stiletto steering components business to Stu Spears at Chassis Shop/Pro Werks. The car was called Stiletto and that is where the business name came from. I will try to scan the DRUSA story and post it when I get a chance.

Roo

23T Hemmee:
My first thought would be: Which way does the the rear travel when the heim joint breaks......does it go straight for the sack, or does it richochet off of something else first before it heads for the sack....... :'(  :'(  :'(

Cajuninjector:
I'll stick to the hardtail.  ;D
I have though about this too but there are lots of "what ifs". How is having a housing under the back of my legs going to effect me if I'm on a rough track. I would think it would move your feet around on the pedals

wideopen231:
See there you fellas go giving in to quick.  First you can always getting around those issues. If everyone quit because of little issue where would dragracing be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version