Technical > Roo Man's Room

TIG welder

<< < (2/4) > >>

225digger:

--- Quote from: LZ on May 12, 2013, 02:06:38 PM ---Giving that and its hard to say this as I am a die hard support North America person. I have at this time settled on Everlast unless a deal on a Miller comes along.
The people that I have talked to the last year ish have had good to excellent feedback.

--- End quote ---

i have heard good feedback on the everlast units also  there is also another longevity  i spend some time over on the pirate off road forum and a good bit of guys have them and from what i understand they stand behind there products .

the comment about miller having there issues ... i went through that a few months ago my dx250 spent a few months in repair becuase it was a not so normal issue and they had miller engineers involved with it .  it still cost me since it wasnt under warranty but i like the machine and it does well for me .

LZ:
Hi there 225:
Say thanks for the post with your build, very nice. 8)
I talked to a guy (Mark??)at Everlast last year for a moment. It eased my fears of getting one.
Very different world were in nowadays even compared to several years ago.
But that wont let it stop our sickness, will it. LOL
take care
Luke

janjon:
Thanks, guys, for the advice and encouragement. You all didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, about the Chin..., I mean the "cheap" shi... I mean "stuff", but that's kinda what I thought anyway. Thanks for telling me what I NEEDED to hear.

wideopen231:
Been using same Miller tig since 1986. Since everything I cared to work on was race car I started with a tig and went to mig,I hears theres one that uses stick ,but I don;t work on a farm so never needed one.

Its pretty simple to pickup.Just get someone who has used one wo walk you thru it and you should be good.Once you think your good on steel give aluminum a try. Once your good on aluminum you can weld about anything. IMO aluminum welding is art. I can weld it decent and at times I screwup and get those perfect rows of dimes laying perfect,but it is more of screwup when I do it because I can't do it everytime.

Time and money are all you need to be good. My last bottle of argon was 81 bucks. 2 months ago 64 bucks,

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: wideopen231 on May 13, 2013, 03:38:12 PM ---Been using same Miller tig since 1986. Since everything I cared to work on was race car I started with a tig and went to mig,I hears theres one that uses stick ,but I don;t work on a farm so never needed one.

Its pretty simple to pickup.Just get someone who has used one wo walk you thru it and you should be good.Once you think your good on steel give aluminum a try. Once your good on aluminum you can weld about anything. IMO aluminum welding is art. I can weld it decent and at times I screwup and get those perfect rows of dimes laying perfect,but it is more of screwup when I do it because I can't do it everytime.

Time and money are all you need to be good. My last bottle of argon was 81 bucks. 2 months ago 64 bucks,

--- End quote ---
I can run a bead of "dimes" across a piece of Aluminum, but when I try to weld two piece together I just cannot get it right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version