Technical > Roo Man's Room

Set-up for better 60' ?

<< < (7/8) > >>

dusterdave173:
I have a little 355 injected and I found a Continental 8 inch by accident--was marked 6000 on the box --was behind a monster 18 degree small block big cube so I just knew it would be too loose but it was at a yard sale and near free so i figured WTH
It is by far one of the best drag converters I have ever had--it is loose but...works perfect no matter what RPM I leave at--seems very good in high gear no heat no detectable slip etc  I LOVE that converter--it is sort of like a rubber band--leave at idle perfect! Leave at 4000 and it will flip the car over---As east coat guy we were never exposed to that west coat brand--I figured they all get the parts at the same place so imagined most brands were all about the same but...I LIKE my Continental 8 inch!!!!!!!
The wrong converter can ruin a good drag cars performance faster than anything
I have smallish roller cam 255/260 at 050  600 lift on a 106

hemidakota:
So I have seen a few talk about weight bias/front to rear weight. Is there a method to setting up a fed weight % front to rear? Or is it trial and error? Sorry kinda new to this and find this interesting.

hemidakota:

--- Quote from: dusterdave173 on September 08, 2014, 04:36:25 PM ---I have a little 355 injected and I found a Continental 8 inch by accident--was marked 6000 on the box --was behind a monster 18 degree small block big cube so I just knew it would be too loose but it was at a yard sale and near free so i figured WTH
It is by far one of the best drag converters I have ever had--it is loose but...works perfect no matter what RPM I leave at--seems very good in high gear no heat no detectable slip etc  I LOVE that converter--it is sort of like a rubber band--leave at idle perfect! Leave at 4000 and it will flip the car over---As east coat guy we were never exposed to that west coat brand--I figured they all get the parts at the same place so imagined most brands were all about the same but...I LIKE my Continental 8 inch!!!!!!!
The wrong converter can ruin a good drag cars performance faster than anything
I have smallish roller cam 255/260 at 050  600 lift on a 106

--- End quote ---

Agree with you on that. Always have had great luck with Continental in door cars. Good to hear. Hope we have the same luck.

dreracecar:

--- Quote from: hemidakota on September 17, 2014, 12:44:09 PM ---So I have seen a few talk about weight bias/front to rear weight. Is there a method to setting up a fed weight % front to rear? Or is it trial and error? Sorry kinda new to this and find this interesting.

--- End quote ---

Its like a blind man playing pool --hit or miss

There are so many variables to consider that for 99.9% of the people out there that once the car is built and tested is usually how it stays. Any changes usually gets applied on the next car

hemidakota:
Did some testing on Friday night. WOW what a change the convertor made. Track was not in good shape. Picked up in 60'. Sideways on first pass he pedaled it once and went 7.86 right off trailer. made 5 passes and all were very loose. Every pass faster than fed has ever went. Best pass was a 7.80. Had a great time. You get what you pay for in a convertor for sure. And Scott did a xxxx of a driving job. Cut a perfect light .0001! Tried to attach time slips but file was too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version