Technical > Roo Man's Room

Set-up for better 60' ?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Supercat:
Thanks Bill  I'll give it a shot next time out. I was also very rich on the Barrel valve adjustment, which has now been set with a leakdown gauge. We are ready to go testing again, just waiting for a place to go.

Pipe Dreams:
     Ok guy's,  I know this is a super old post, but finally got a smaller set of tires on the car. Got a really good set of 31 x 10.5 Hoosiers on the car add went testing this past week end.  After a little wheelie bar adjustment, BOOM!!! 1.15 Sixty foot  and that was leaving at 2200. 

This brings up another question though. When  I was testing with the old tires the car was quicker 60' leaving from  2200 with the trans brake than at 3800  and a lot more consistant. Why would the car be quicker launching at the lower rpm?  3800 to 4000 was where I was told to launch the car by the coan when I ordered the torque convertor. Did'nt get a chance to try the higher rpm with the smaller tires yet. Either way super happy the car is consistantly .05 faster in 60'.

dreracecar:
are you running all out or on an index???

masracingtd1167:

--- Quote from: Pipe Dreams on August 20, 2014, 04:11:45 PM ---     Ok guy's,  I know this is a super old post, but finally got a smaller set of tires on the car. Got a really good set of 31 x 10.5 Hoosiers on the car add went testing this past week end.  After a little wheelie bar adjustment, BOOM!!! 1.15 Sixty foot  and that was leaving at 2200. 
--- Quote ---     

--- Quote from: Pipe Dreams on August 20, 2014, 04:11:45 PM ---This brings up another question though. When  I was testing with the old tires the car was quicker 60' leaving from  2200 with the trans brake than at 3800  and a lot more consistant. Why would the car be quicker launching at the lower rpm?  3800 to 4000 was where I was told to launch the car by the coan when I ordered the torque convertor. Did'nt get a chance to try the higher rpm with the smaller tires yet. Either way super happy the car is consistantly .05 faster in 60'.
--- Quote ---
 I seem to be having the same problem with my 60 ft times since I switched to the 2585 Goodyears . My 60 ft's are way off from what I was running with the 12x33 Hoosiers . I have been dropping my launch rpm and they are getting better . I started at 6400 and am now down to 4200 and the 60 ft's are getting better . I might even try 3800 the next time out .My sixty ft's started at 1.14 and I am down to 1.10 . With the Hoosier's I was around 1.07 . My other numbers are better with the Goodyears my eighth mile is better 4.70 from 4.78 and mph 148 from 145 . I have heard a lot of good things about that 10.5 tire . Just keep trying things till you find that sweet spot . Bill 
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Pipe Dreams:
I am running the car all out. Car is just a bracket car running super pro. Looking at running the 8.50 index at the NDRL race at Milan the end of sept. All passes last time out were beween  8.51 to  8.55 and the air was horrible, so I think I have a chance at doing fairly well. Sure wouldlike to run  8.0 though. Have some plans for the engine in the off season, so we' ll see next year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version