Technical > Roo Man's Room

Set-up for better 60' ?

<< < (4/8) > >>

Cajuninjector:
Pipe dreams, did you ever get a chance to make some passes and see if you could improve your 60' times?
We have been dropping our wheelie bar and really getting some good wheel speed. 5.5 lbs of air in Goodyear 2585's. You may be able to get a set at carter maxwell right now

Supercat:
We are also using the 33X12 Hoosiers and we got out to the track Sunday finally....
All new combo and running real rich and 32 timing 1st pass was a1.22 60'. We drove the car out like you were getting up on the highway 8.25 @ 166.
Next pass we lean out the fuel and at about 5200 rpm we blew the tires off to where I had to get out of it straighten out and get back on it.
200"FED Wheelie bar at 1.5"  tires were at 8.25psi. Leaving the line at about 3200rpm.
There is a video link in my build thread.
Any advice? It's always appreciated ;)

masracingtd1167:
I run that same tire on mine and we are still trying to figure out how much air to run in them . Right now 6 and a half to 7 seems to be the sweet spot . When we ran the Goodyear 1288's 6lbs worked great but the Hoosier wants more air .Bill

Supercat:
Bill if you watch my third run from last weekend you'll see we have a positive problem to overcome ;D I will drop to 7.0psi in the tires to see where that puts things.
If you run a wheelie bar where is your wheel hight set?
Thanks for the input

masracingtd1167:
I set my bar with a 4x4 under the wheel with no one in the car . An inch and a half seams kind of low . When you launch your tires will squat and the chassis will arch and if your bar is too low it could unload the tires . Also with over 8 lbs in the tire it might not let the tire work right . I wold start at 7lbs and the bar at 3 inches  and have some one watch the car at the hit . Also if you put some shoe polish on your wheelie bar wheel it will tell you if you are hitting the bar or not . Keep us posted .Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version