Technical > Roo Man's Room

Set-up for better 60' ?

(1/8) > >>

Pipe Dreams:
     Ok guys, lookin around the site and  think my set-up is really lacking in 60' compared to alot of others. Granted I need more test passes to see what the car likes, but just wondering what you guys thinks for basic set-up and and how close or far off I may be.
   Here is my setup so far.
170" wb flexable flyer, motor set 30" out 
1583 lbs w/ driver  18/82  front to rear weight bias
415 12.8/1 cr smallblock mopar est. 600hp on gas
1.76 shorty glide 5200 stall 8" custom coan convertor
4.30 gears
33x12 m&h set 6.5 psi
35 lbs ballest and 5' single wheel wheelie bar  set at 3"
Launching @ 3800 to 4000 w/ transbrake-per coan

Best 60' has been a 1.22 but averages 1.25 to 1.30' depending on track prep.
Currently converting to injected alcohol.
If any more info needed is needed let me know and any help is great.

Cajuninjector:
Try 6 pounds in the tires. If they have too much pressure, it will try to dead hook and that's not good for 60' times. You need wheel speed off the line to keep those rpm's up and not pull the motor down. Controlled tire spin is your friend. Do you have a data logger on your car?

Pipe Dreams:
No, I don't have a data logger on the car. Have run the tire pressure is low as five and a half pounds didn't feel safer going much lower than that.

Cajuninjector:
Data logger will keep you sane when looking to go faster and it saves you money in the long run. You can play with tire pressure, launch rpm, gearing, etc. to get those tires moving.

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: Cajuninjector on May 05, 2013, 11:01:03 AM ---Data logger will keep you sane when looking to go faster and it saves you money in the long run. You can play with tire pressure, launch rpm, gearing, etc. to get those tires moving.

--- End quote ---

X2 I love my data logger!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version