Drag Racing Discussions > Gassers

61 Falcon

<< < (4/9) > >>

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
I guess that's one advantage to having the distributor in the front of the motor. Now check out the late model 5.0 Fox bodied Mustang twin sump oil pans to get needed clearance for the front axle.

opa1:
Well I bought a 289/C4 and tried the fit. The exhaust port was very close to the steering box. I tried a few sets of 65/66 Mustang headers but, no go. So I tried the 350/350 combo again. This time I got it to work without cutting the firewall. The crossmember I ordered for the C4 made the 350/350 combo fit.

opa1:
Small update. Built and installed the subframe connectors. Also have all the motor mounts installed and welded in place. I found a 283 engine and I built a fresh 350THM. Getting closer. lol.

opa1:
283 is done. Flattop with small Compcams 260H. Weiand 8004/eddy 1405 for now. I have a edle C4B I'll install later. I need to finish the rear quarter cut outs. Still looking on how I'm going to do it. :)

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:

--- Quote from: opa1 on February 11, 2020, 09:42:49 AM ---I need to finish the rear quarter cut outs. Still looking on how I'm going to do it. :)

--- End quote ---

I much prefer that a small flare be used on the rear wheel well cutouts. Although many racers just took a sawzall / torch / cutoff wheel to the quarters and called it done, it would be cleaner looking / safer / structurally better if a flare was added to the cutout.

Lots of times guys just bolted a circular piece of plywood to the hub to use as a template.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version