Technical > Roo Man's Room

short or full body

(1/4) > >>

wideopen231:
Im thinking of building both short and full body for my FED. I love the look of the full body and car is mostly bracket deal. But alos think the bare bones basic of short body look like Im here to be fast and thats it  is pretty cool too. Besides the short boddy can't use more than sheet and half of aluminum if that much.

Which body do you prefer and why?

slingshot383:
 I had a shorty body on my '68 Woody Gilmore fed, but Scotty Parks made a full body chute pack body for the chassis a friend of mine built that will be home to a blown and injected 392 that is just beautiful!

GlennLever:
I have the a full body, the looks are outstanding and I run it that way at special events,

but only run the back half normally as it is a pain to remove the front part for between round maintanance.

It's nice to have the option.

wideopen231:
Kind of have same plan as Glen. We are building two bodys. In all honesty the short body cost almost nothing ,except little extra paint and about 80.00 in aluminum. trying to decide about the chute body rear.Love the look,but if going with short body I might as well go for extra light weight,2 sides,cowl and 2 beside motor maybe 1.25  to 1.5 sheets of .040,until can afford carbon fiber parts.

janjon:
I like the look of short bodies, a digger should not be ashamed of its frontal skeleton or the support elements there mounted...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version