Technical > Roo Man's Room

Moving Engine Forward

<< < (2/3) > >>

BK:
This is the picture I have on computer. Could take something else if it would help.
Looking to move motor about half way to next upright.
The starter will clear the diagonal if it stays.
Should there be an upright near the front of the motor also?

rooman:
Having uprights at the motor mount locations or close to them in the case of the front mount is a good idea as that is where the torque load is transferred to the chassis and where the weight of the motor lands when you shut off or hit a bump. Of course all drag strips are ultra smooth and bumps are not a problem--right?

Roo

ricardo1967:
What's the wheelbase? Looks like to be in the ballpark of my 173" FED. Are you fighting motivated (and unintentional) wheelstands? Instead of moving the motor, have you considered lengthening the chassis?

masracingtd1167:
BK How far out is the motor and what tire do you have on it ?

BK:

--- Quote from: rooman on March 29, 2013, 05:22:07 AM ---Having uprights at the motor mount locations or close to them in the case of the front mount is a good idea as that is where the torque load is transferred to the chassis and where the weight of the motor lands when you shut off or hit a bump. Of course all drag strips are ultra smooth and bumps are not a problem--right?

Roo

--- End quote ---
Rooman thank you for your input. It was a big help. Steve good catch on the upper frame rail I would have missed that. I know what I need to do if I decide to go through with it. Of course a lot more than I was thinking. Every track I,ve run has been as smooth as glass and you never bounce in the shut down.
 BK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version