Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

bracket racing a FED ...

<< < (5/6) > >>

buickfed:

--- Quote from: wideopen231 on March 06, 2013, 07:10:26 PM ---Pretty sure there is a law agianst using carb on fed or it should be.Heck theres a law against everything else now days. If god wanted man to run crapurators he would  not have given man brain to make fuel injection.

--- End quote ---

ouch. :) some of us are just lasier than others. ;D running a buick, i have to hand make everything.

wideopen231:
Hey running a TFX-92 in bracket car & Im in same boat.Items I can find I usually make because it cheaper and working with no budget. Hey Im building my own injector and sheetmetal intake.Heck Im building most everything on car including the chassis. Another 60' or so of tubing and chassis will be done I THINK. Then I can finish fuel tank and mounting air bottle,firebottle and nitrous bottle.Man this things on the bottle isn't it.  1 to be consistent(shifts) 1 to go fast and one to cool it down if things get too hot.

But hey building it is almost as much fun as driving.

blake:
Hi.
Bracket racing can be won with an FED. We won last year's bracket. After missing the first meeting, attended the next 6. Won 4 of them, came runner up in one, then won the championship. Go to www.blakeracing.com.au and you can read all about it.

Regards
Darron

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: blake on March 08, 2013, 04:13:34 PM ---Hi.
Bracket racing can be won with an FED. We won last year's bracket. After missing the first meeting, attended the next 6. Won 4 of them, came runner up in one, then won the championship. Go to www.blakeracing.com.au and you can read all about it.

Regards
Darron

--- End quote ---
Welcome

BK:

--- Quote from: 225digger on March 03, 2013, 06:43:55 PM ---the majority of todays bracket dragsters are RED's  , lets hear what it would take for a  FED to run in todays highly competative electronics class .

if you where to build a fed for just bracket racing , how would you set it up ?

motor size / power ?

tire size ?

rear gear ?

lentgh of car ?

engine placement ?

im going to build a FED here in the next few months and hoarding parts . here is what im thinking so far

200" car

383 sbc  injected alky  , make around 650hp

2 spd glide  with 1.80 gear

rear gear im thinking around the 4.33 range 

rear tire  not really sure , im thinking a 29x12 slick should do well  ?

any advice ?   we dont see many feds in the bracket classes these days and my local track has an easy 40+ dragsters in super on any given sunday , so id like to be some what competative ...

thanks !

Been there done that. It's a blast. On your combo, if I could pick anything I wanted I would use a full length glide 1.76 ratio, 4.10 gear, 32x14 tire. With an injected 355 and a short glide 175in car I had to slow it down on the starting line a little to get it to repeat. It would hit the wheelie bar to hard and unload the tires. Be prepared after a few rounds on 90 degree day cockpit will be HOT.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version