Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

bracket racing a FED ...

<< < (4/6) > >>

bud:

--- Quote from: afaulk on March 05, 2013, 04:54:01 PM --- 8) I'm agreeing with Glen. There's absolutely no reason for not bracket racing a FED. One factor not mentioned however, is that there's no need to be the fastest car, just the most consistent. Build the car to be comfortable, cool running, low maintenance and able to go rounds/hot lap. If you can cut the best light and run your number you have the winning combo. I have found that the faster you go, the more difficult it becomes to be consistent. A mild engine on alky, something that will never spin or wheelie is the way to take home the cash.  One advantage of the RED is that the driver has the best possible view of the front tires, helping to "drive the finish line".  I like the M/T 33x10.5wx15 tire on a 12 inch wheel. It's a light weight tire with a long contact patch. A lot of people don't realize it but the length of the contact patch is more important for traction in drag racing, than width is.  Have fun! :P

--- End quote ---
I could not agree more. everything that is going to be done has been done with a FED, so now it's just a matter of having fun as a Bracket racer FED. In running a bracket car the race is with yourself to run the number you have set with no errors( low et and mph is no big deal) . I have a little 350 bored .040 with a 30/30 solid cam with old hilborn stack injection on alka, and go thru the lights at about 5800 at 136 at 9.98 to 10.02 and it works like a clock  on 4 gal of alka. I use a trans cooler for a radiator with a elect fan and a elect water pump. and running alka I can do a drive around and I have no problem heating. and if I am going to a car crackle fest or a car show or a grand opening for a auto parts store I put the blown motor in for show and if they are paying I will fire the blown motor for a price. after all I have close to 30 grand in the Blown motor and run time on a blown motor is not very long. lol
 Bud

Blind Mule:
Don't let that 10.5x33 tire fool ya it works great I have used them for years on all types of cars and horsepower levels! You can get the M/T take offs from the 10.5 Outlaw guys with maybe 8 runs for about $100 a set and they will last a long time on a FED ;) I just bought a new set of Phoenix 10.5x33 tires and put them on my door car and this past weekend the 60 foot varied only 4 thousand's in 21 passes :o This is no joke this tire works if you would like a great deal call  Dragracetires.com and ask for Eric Gullette! They used to leak air but they redid the molding and mine never leaked all weekend! We were at a 3 day bracket race and on Friday my car ran 6.23 5 times in a row ??? I also just installed a new Quick Fuel 750 alky carb and I tell you of all the different names of alky builders this one is and will be my choice from now on it runs great and uses a lot less alky than the others too! Hope my FED will do this when finished ;D

Randy!

225digger:
i use quick fuel gas carbs , they really are a nice carb  .   i already made up my mind going injected alky with this when i build it .   i have used an alky carb on my 1st car it was a very consistent package , just had an edelbrock mechincal fuel pump , and BG barrel valve and that was it , worked very well i even won alot of rounds with that setup in super racing and it was in my camaro .

GlennLever:
I have a really nice one for sale in the for sale category (1050) with lots of goodies to go along with it

http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php?topic=280.msg1067#msg1067

wideopen231:
Pretty sure there is a law agianst using carb on fed or it should be.Heck theres a law against everything else now days. If god wanted man to run crapurators he would  not have given man brain to make fuel injection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version