Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

bracket racing a FED ...

<< < (3/6) > >>

GlennLever:
I have taken a lot of heat for this, but I like the radiator set up so much that I am keeping it with the blower build.

masracingtd1167:
225 Digger I was looking over your combo and that 29 inch tire with that gear would be a little short . You might be better off with a taller tire a 32 or 33 would be better . What kind of injection are you going to run?

afaulk:
 8) I'm agreeing with Glen. There's absolutely no reason for not bracket racing a FED. One factor not mentioned however, is that there's no need to be the fastest car, just the most consistent. Build the car to be comfortable, cool running, low maintenance and able to go rounds/hot lap. If you can cut the best light and run your number you have the winning combo. I have found that the faster you go, the more difficult it becomes to be consistent. A mild engine on alky, something that will never spin or wheelie is the way to take home the cash.  One advantage of the RED is that the driver has the best possible view of the front tires, helping to "drive the finish line".  I like the M/T 33x10.5wx15 tire on a 12 inch wheel. It's a light weight tire with a long contact patch. A lot of people don't realize it but the length of the contact patch is more important for traction in drag racing, than width is.  Have fun! :P

buickfed:
every car i built and now the fed is built nascar style. my son likes to go round and round. radiators r' us.  lol
he likes the fed more than the door cars.

225digger:

--- Quote from: masracingtd1167 on March 05, 2013, 12:34:57 PM ---225 Digger I was looking over your combo and that 29 inch tire with that gear would be a little short . You might be better off with a taller tire a 32 or 33 would be better . What kind of injection are you going to run?

--- End quote ---

just considering options , i think i might look into afaulk's mention about the 33x10.5 tire .. ..... as for injection , what ever spud wants me to use.... i been following him on the net for as long as i can remember so id like to do alittle business with him when im ready to order a setup . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version