Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

bracket racing a FED ...

(1/6) > >>

225digger:
the majority of todays bracket dragsters are RED's  , lets hear what it would take for a  FED to run in todays highly competative electronics class .

if you where to build a fed for just bracket racing , how would you set it up ?

motor size / power ?

tire size ?

rear gear ?

lentgh of car ?

engine placement ?

im going to build a FED here in the next few months and hoarding parts . here is what im thinking so far

200" car

383 sbc  injected alky  , make around 650hp

2 spd glide  with 1.80 gear

rear gear im thinking around the 4.33 range 

rear tire  not really sure , im thinking a 29x12 slick should do well  ?

any advice ?   we dont see many feds in the bracket classes these days and my local track has an easy 40+ dragsters in super on any given sunday , so id like to be some what competative ...

thanks !

GlennLever:
You should look at my build, that is all I have done is ET race with my FED, no electronics (TransBrake).

Blind Mule:
You know dang well that you can't bracket race a FED(At least that's what I been hearing) BUT I AM GONNA PROVE THEM WRONG >J A C K< ??? ;) I'm building one now (may never finish it me and my wallet are arguing)

Mine will have a 331 Ford to start with with a glide but not sure about rear gear maybe a 3.89 gonna step up with more motor if the car acts right :-[ I have 10x5x33 Phoenix tires for mine!

wideopen231 may chime in he is building one also!

Randy!

225digger:
yea i hear ya cant race a fed either , but thats only for guys that dont know there cars  .  i ha da 4 link car with a 632 that ran 7.4x's at 186 , it was fun , i was sort of the weekend warrier , but i want to build something that i really want , and thats a fed , im going to build it for a 6.0 cert so if i want to down the road i can do other things with it .

i might even just stick a milder motor in it something around the 500hp range 

AF150:
No reason you can not bracket race a FED and be successful.
I would aim for consistancy. Bigger rear tires...1.76 or higher first gear...radiator & fan for when
they hot-lap you in the later rounds...big fuel tank (maybe 5 gal. for same reason) and keep 'er
in the groove. Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version