Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

Just Saying Hello

<< < (3/3)

old28:

ricardo -- A couple of pictures of intakes I am going to run on the 194 6 motor and built 250 later.

The 3 x 2 Clifford is for the built 250+ motor. It takes 3 Rochester large base 2bl's. Race only setup.

I will try this season the Clifford 2 x 4 intake with the two Holley 94 and then the same intake with two Holley progressive 2bl to see how they do on the Chevy 194 baby 6 cylinder.

Couple of pictures of the 194 motor in the dragster for first part of our nostalgia season.

ricardo1967:
I like your work Tom. Nice fabrication skills, better than any store bought! See lots of ingenuity there, or like I like to say, “enginenuity”!

Good luck with the manifold experimentation. Fuel/air distribution is tough on inlines. I've had luck with some manifold ideas, not as much with others. I was happy with a trio of (double-barrel) horizontal Weber DCOE's. Later I converted it to fuel injection.

I don't have any inline nowadays… but it's a matter of time.

old28:

ricardo -- Thanks for the kind words. After Meany/Meany years of building my rides by bolting on all the common parts, this SDRA dragster is the first true built at home ride that I have went after. As I told the SDRA & HA/GR group over on the HAMB "I am a so/so driver and not a fabricator", but I am pleased with the results.

Ya must all 6 cylinder motors need more air/gas even bone stock. This 194 is .040 over with a stock 194 small chamber head, BBC 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pertonics added to stock Chevy distributer and a special 6 cyl Clay Smith cam grind. Real basic, lodollaror motor to test out the car. Stuff that really makes these Chevy 250/292 motors come to life is better intake and carb's, bigger valves, -0- deck the block & FT pistons for 10.5-11.5 CR.

A lot of slant 6 motors use the horizonWeber'sbers and they work well both in the states and down under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version