Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

How many bracket racers on here with a FED?

<< < (2/3) > >>

racersdad04:
I want to.  I have been window shopping some, looking at a new chassis and some older chassis.  I can't do it this year but am hoping money will be there next year to start on a budget built.  Thinking to start running a small block maybe like a 388 crate motor, until money allows for a better engine. 

Ben

George:

--- Quote from: racersdad04 on March 16, 2013, 05:13:45 AM ---I want to.  I have been window shopping some, looking at a new chassis and some older chassis.  I can't do it this year but am hoping money will be there next year to start on a budget built.  Thinking to start running a small block maybe like a 388 crate motor, until money allows for a better engine. 

Ben

--- End quote ---

Beware, on the chassis. Best to buy something with a current certification. Take it from me, I bought one several years ago and well--- took 1 1/2 years to rebuild the chassis, engine and transmission. Had I known it wouldn't pass I would have left it in Ozark MO. I now own the SFI spec. book for our build.

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: George on March 16, 2013, 05:53:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: racersdad04 on March 16, 2013, 05:13:45 AM ---I want to.  I have been window shopping some, looking at a new chassis and some older chassis.  I can't do it this year but am hoping money will be there next year to start on a budget built.  Thinking to start running a small block maybe like a 388 crate motor, until money allows for a better engine. 

Ben

--- End quote ---

Beware, on the chassis. Best to buy something with a current certification. Take it from me, I bought one several years ago and well--- took 1 1/2 years to rebuild the chassis, engine and transmission. Had I known it wouldn't pass I would have left it in Ozark MO. I now own the SFI spec. book for our build.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like good advice.

racersdad04:
Thanks for that information.  I've seen a couple of used and that was a major worry. 
Ben

longm1958:
I was told when I got my FED chassis that it was a 69' model. I worried then if it would certify. It only had to have kidney bars added to certify. I was actually trying to get a nostalgia funnycar when I traded for my FED. Found the funnycars to be really high priced and  uncertifiable. Took the FED and away we go.
As stated before, be careful as others will dump their problem child on you. Look for the cert when shopping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version