Technical > Roo Man's Room

Steering rod type question

(1/3) > >>

longm1958:
I had my car in the chassis shop a while back and the shop had a small fire right next to my car. Shop owner didn't tell me about it and I didn't visit the shop for a couple of months. He used something corrosive (fire extinguisher) to douse the fire. When I went by there, needless to say I was kinda pissed because it has started damaging the chrome steering rods and chassis started rusting.
Took it home, took it apart and wire wheeled everything. I can't afford to re-chrome right now so everything just got a coat of paint to slow/stop rust.
Now to the questions. I removed the front steering. The front end has some spring inside the front tube. The right (passenger) side inside the tube must have sprung and doesn't line up with the other side and a cross steering tube now hits and locks when I turn the steering to the right. How do I correct whatever I have done? The connection has what appears to be an octaganal fitting inside the front tube. When I set it here its too high and set it there way its too low. I find a single hole directly in the bottom center I assume with an allen wrench fitting? Is this where I set this up? I know this probably won't be much help but neither am I.
HELP

Mike L in Ga

GlennLever:
Once I had all the weight into my dragster I had problems with the arms hitting.

I adjusted the linkage arm to compensate for the additional weight.

note the small serations on the inside of the linkage arm

Does this help?

longm1958:
Thanks Glenn, After our phone conversation I feel I know enough to address this issue. Your pics helped a bunch.

Mike L in Ga

rooman:
Glenn,
        thanks for covering for me while I was otherwise occupied.

Roo

hotrod316:
roo, I seen on some of the linkage arm there is a longated hole on the other end (axle side) question! why, and second does it matter watch side it on, hope you under stand my questions.
thanks for your time
 just your nut freind in ohio
 me steve m.
ps don't forget about my buckit list LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version