Social > Events

2017 Nostalgia Drag Racing League / Quick Fuel Battle at the Arch

<< < (2/2)

GlennLever:
After the second round of qualifying, by the skin of my teeth, we are still the number on e qualifier.

hemidakota:
Good Job! Have a Great weekend and win it all!!!! Good luck Glen.

GlennLever:
Well the first race of the season is in the books. After two rounds of qualifying we were number one. In the third round we we were bumped down to third in the standings.

Troy Wilson ran a perfect 8.500 on his 8.500 index. You just cannot beat that (I had a 8.018 on my 8.000 index and was third). This series is competitive to say the least.

On to eliminations, they were very competitive. I did have one give me in that I was late at the tree, but Troy Wilson thought he was going to break out and lifted before the finish line, which allowed me to caught him at the top end.

Made it to the finials. Ted Mannor ran a 8.501 against his index of 8.500 and he took me out in the finial round.

Spent two hours decommissioning the dragster and packing everything up. We are ready to start our trip home.

Next race is Memphis, which is followed up a week later by the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green.

It will just be Anne Giumento Lever and myself for those two races, George R. Lever has to return to work.

crider:
Nice job Glenn!

GlennLever:
Steven E Fuhrman has taken many pictures of the Gateway Event and they can be seen at this link

https://quickpics.smugmug.com/DragRacing/2017-Quick-Fuel-Battle-at-the-Arch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version