Technical > Roo Man's Room

Altered chassis question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Van:
The Altered chassis I built last year got 1 1/2 X 120 wall, because it was in stock & 095 wasn't. I had used the same material on my FED when I built it.   058 never

beargeorge:
All set, i was able to get the 1.375x095 cm from Shapiro Steel,i still dont understand SFI calling for 1.250xo58.Thanks everyone for your help.

janjon:
Roo, I'm curious how it was ovalized. I recently had to duplicate a semi-streamline shape in some aluminium tubing for pylons for a FM antenna array for MD-500 helicopters; I made a die in an wire EDM that formed a tube into the desired shape with the help of a hydraulic press, is that how  JFR does it? Any pics available?

Paul New:
I have made round moly tubing oval in my press. I use spacers to prevent the tubing from collapsing in the center whenever I do this I do a couple of samples to figure out the correct thickness to press the moly to

rooman:
JFR have a flat die set up for their Trumpf CNC press brake and simply squeeze it in that. I presume that they have programmed the press stroke to end up with the desired result which is a tube with a 1.5" minor axis to match the frame rail diameter. The flat surface on the sides is only about 5/8" wide.

Roo 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version