Technical > Roo Man's Room

shut downn bounce

<< < (3/5) > >>

aafa760:
Also the short cars can ping pong from side to side and bounce.
The FA with 36" tire really can get going before we added front brakes.

I have seen 2' under the tires at old Tucson Dragway as it bounced before chutes blossomed.

masracingtd1167:

--- Quote from: aafa760 on May 11, 2016, 01:17:06 PM ---Also the short cars can ping pong from side to side and bounce.
The FA with 36" tire really can get going before we added front brakes.

I have seen 2' under the tires at old Tucson Dragway as it bounced before chutes blossomed.

--- End quote ---
  I drove a short wheelbase blown altered 2 times and it tried to kill me both times !

wideopen231:
Thought I was ready to pull trigger on laST 3 BIG ITEMS ,new tires,delay box and input shaft,Then work truck when and kncked cpl rod bearings out.2800 bucks later about twice what car needed. Just ordered ringless input for it 2 days ago.

Believe me I do not need to be reminded its play time.If these guys would quit bringing up the blower idea.Its like waving kilo of cocaine in front of drug addict.

BK:
We have a track with a short bumpy shutdown near us. I found that low tire pressure let me get on the brakes as hard and as soon as I wanted without bouncing. Low being around 4.5#s.

dusterdave173:
my experience points to getting on brakes too hard causing the most issue with mine--If I let it settle down and ease on the brakes never an issue--If I run out the back door in close race at short track then clamp them hard it is like the NBA
I have had some luck in severe bounce getting back on throttle then starting over if room enough

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version