Technical > Roo Man's Room

Tubes or no tubes in slicks.

(1/3) > >>

hemidakota:
Changing slicks on a FED to a M/T 33x10.5w on a 10" wheel. It had 32x14 with tubes on a 14" wheel. We have struggled with tire shake with the big slicks. Air pressure was very sensitive. It is a mild steel car and is 185". Weighs about 1650lbs with driver and runs in the 7.6's @ 176mph. It leaves at 6200rpm and is a 565 injected alky. I would really like to hear what everyone else does and how it works for them. I like the idea of less weight but is it worth it? Most of the info I find is for a door cars so it does not relate. Thanks for all the help as always.

Paul New:
No tubes! For 7.60's your over tired 12" wide is plenty

dreracecar:
Door car tires are made different then Comp tires, you want to run tires that are for compitition type cars

masracingtd1167:
You should be just fine without the tubes . Why carry all that extra weight . That 14 inch tire was hurting you . I am seeing a lot more of those 10.5 tires on dragsters lately . The world champ in Comp wit a fed was running a 10.5 tire on his b/nd . I run the 12x31 Goodyears on mine and have thought to my self that they might be a little too big for my car because of my motor placement only 36 inches out . Keep us posted with your results . For me the 22585 Good year has been the best . Second would be the Good year 1288's and last were the Hoosier 12x33 c09 tire witch is very aggressive and hard to get enough wheel speed . 

George:
A BIG amen on the Goodyear 2585 ! I have tried 3 different Hoosiers. The extra weight will slow you down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version