Technical > Roo Man's Room

Straight axle to A arm engineering.

<< < (3/4) > >>

digster:
Another straight axle  guy here too. My car had over 30 degrees of king pin inclination in it when I purchased it. Scott Parks gave me some tips on toning it down. I was able to get it to 22 degrees and the std. drag link works well there. I Love the way my old bent and chromed Anglia spindles look but they have some time on them now. I just ordered a new set of strange spindles. about the same look and a little more piece of mind at higher speeds. :)   

rooman:
Digster,
           the Strange (or any other late model) spindle is not a straight interchange for the Anglia. The king pin boss height variation can be fixed with a shim but the king pin inclination is different. Original Anglia is 9 degrees, most aftermarket (P & S, Neil and Parks, McKinney,  Boulton etc are 8 degrees and Strange are 7.

Roo

digster:
 Roo
 Frank said I'd need to shim it up. Bronze washers top and bottom should do that But I've not got to the bottom of the inclination issue yet.  Nothing is bolt and go, is it?  :)
Thanks for the Heads up

dreracecar:
2* of change will will cause exsesive camber and look like you just came down from a 10' wheelstand.  Personally I would send the spindles out to magnaflux and if passed would just re-bush and run them. If your heart is set on the Strange spindles, then the spindle bosses on the axle will have to be machined out and replaced at the proper angle--- For peace of mind sakes

digster:
Roo
 You were talking 2 Degrees inclination  (or axle lay back ) not camber right? Do I have my alignment terminology fouled up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version