Technical > Roo Man's Room

Slick Screwing

(1/3) > >>

digster:
 As it would pertain to FED's. To screw or not to screw. Keep it clean guys. This has quite a bit of chatter with newer compounds and rims. Much of the info out there is for heavy cars and 12 to 14 lbs pressure. I've always screwed the rims down in the past. I tried a new technique recommended to me. Mount without bead grease and use Aqua Net hair spray to act as seating lube and glue. I did it at the end of the season and didn't get a chance finish running the experiment. Seems like screws bead locks are the norm. What do you run?

masracingtd1167:
I run screws in mine 8 per side . There are guys out there that swear you don't need them but I have always used screws and will continue to do so . I am almost to the point of needing bead locks with my car . My mph is around 182 to 184 so it's almost time to make that step .

dreracecar:
Run 5 screws per side running 7.0 @ 200mph  never an issue and would never consider BL's unless made mandatory

masracingtd1167:
If i'm not mistaken at 210 or over they are mandatory .

Paul New:

--- Quote from: masracingtd1167 on January 31, 2016, 01:57:49 PM ---If i'm not mistaken at 210 or over they are mandatory .

--- End quote ---

Not mandatory tons of top alcohol cars just run liners

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version