Technical > Roo Man's Room

Chute lever relocation

(1/4) > >>

Paul New:
I am thinking of relocating my chute lever can I see some pics of locations on cars with a hand brake?

rooman:
Paul,
       I will look to see what I have in the way of photos but if it is a pull brake I normally mount the chute lever so that once it is pushed forward the driver's hand is right where the brake handle is located--push the chute lever with your finger tips and then clamp hand around the brake lever. If it is a push brake--put the chute lever on the other side of the car---ask me how I know   :)

Roo

dreracecar:
Kinda prefer the left side-cross your right hand over placement.. In a blind situation cross your right arm over and find the roll cage, slide hand down to the base and push forward on the lever

digster:
I'm interested in this too Paul. I moved my chute lever from my brake handle (didn't like that as it was ez to snag on the way into the car) to my dash. Getting used to it but not so sure about that either.

grdra1:
A few pics of my setup, chute and fuel shutoff next to each other. Unsure if it will stay this way (as never used as car not finished) but feels ok when seated. Glen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version