Technical > Roo Man's Room

Changing from torsion front end to a-arm front end

<< < (6/7) > >>

FEDNV:
Wow that look great Greg

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
Did you end up with 20 degrees of caster as originally planned? That seems a little excessive to me and may be problematic for backing up and wheel shimmy. I know I've seen this much on older cars but I think ten degrees would be perfectly OK.

rooman:

--- Quote from: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER on January 30, 2017, 01:45:18 PM ---Did you end up with 20 degrees of caster as originally planned? That seems a little excessive to me and may be problematic for backing up and wheel shimmy. I know I've seen this much on older cars but I think ten degrees would be perfectly OK.

--- End quote ---

20 degrees is just about right for a front motor dragster. 10 is good for altereds and such.

Roo

hemidakota:
Thanks guys. Yes is at 20deg. Found bent rod ends, everything different sizes and just not anything good in the steering. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Will be mounting all new steering from the box forward soon.

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: rooman on January 30, 2017, 02:26:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER on January 30, 2017, 01:45:18 PM ---Did you end up with 20 degrees of caster as originally planned? That seems a little excessive to me and may be problematic for backing up and wheel shimmy. I know I've seen this much on older cars but I think ten degrees would be perfectly OK.

--- End quote ---

20 degrees is just about right for a front motor dragster. 10 is good for altereds and such.

Roo

--- End quote ---
I think old diggers were in the 30 degree ballpark (e.g.: that's what's in Mark Williams print). The wheels leaning on the sides when maneuvering the car in the pit looks cool, but if I were redoing my car, it'd stick with 20 deg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version