Technical > Roo Man's Room

Changing from torsion front end to a-arm front end

<< < (4/7) > >>

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: hemidakota on June 06, 2016, 12:17:01 PM ---"...What do you all think? ..."

--- End quote ---

Well... since you asked, what I think is that I love the look of classic FED's with wide front track like Bruce's digger pictured below.

dreracecar:
Now a days I would need the spindles since the KP angle if different on some

hemidakota:
Thanks for the help Bruce. I have spe spindles. This is kinda what I am after. Sorry stole the pic from rooman. My only concern is with a 36" wide, 5" drop axle @ 20 deg caster, the tie rod is going to be close to the top frame rail in my fed. Is there any options to get tie rods up a little higher, short spacers? bend in the steering arms? Or do I need to spend more time to figure exact drop that will work? Thanks guys for the input and sorry for the many questions.

rooman:
Just bend the steering arms to get the steering parts where they need to be. If you steer to the spindle (as in the photo) you will need to bend that arm as well so that the heim aligns correctly. When I bend that arm to drop it I follow Don Long's example and put the bends at an angle to the axis of the arm so that the end where the link attaches is pretty much parallel to the link.

Roo

hemidakota:
You should get spindles today Bruce. Thank you and talk to you soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version