Author Topic: Bootheel Fuel & Gas Drags  (Read 193 times)

Offline lake_harley

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.06 @99.58 - 1/8 mi.
  • Your Engine: Carbureted, gas mild 305 Chevy
  • Your Track: Jeffers Motorsports Park - Sikeston, MO
  • Your Vehicle: 145" FED
  • General Location: SE Missouri
Bootheel Fuel & Gas Drags
« on: July 30, 2024, 05:05:53 PM »
Took part in the Bootheel Fuel & Gas Drags at our home track, Skelton Raceway in Sikeston MO this past weekend. It's a nostalgia deal with what I'd call "exhibition racing", no winners or losers, just run when you're ready and maybe arrange a grudge race with someone. They did have awards for low ET and Top MPH in various classes like dragster, altered, gasser, etc.. Top dragster run in the 1/8 Mi., and fastest of the meet was 4.72 with a 146 MPH speed. Yeah, he used a chute! ;)  Car count was about the same as previous years, around 90 or 95 cars I think.

I was really pleased with how my mild FED ran after a recent carb and intake change. I finally joined the Holley crowd. In 5 consecutive runs on Friday we ran within .04 second ETs ranging from 6.69 down to 6.65. Car finally cracked 103 MPH too. I think with a bit more tweaking we might be able to dip our toe in the 6.5xx water, but I'm pretty happy to just have it fairly consistent. I told the track owner it was a shame it wasn't a Saturday night bracket race, but we had a good time. That's what I built the car for.

Unfortunately I had to tow home with the open "lollipop" trailer in the rain.....bummer

Lynn