Technical > Roo Man's Room

drive line cover

(1/2) > >>

wideopen231:
 one of last items on cart to do is driveshaft cover. Trying to figure how i want it to make easy to remove ,yet safe.Also has to work with rule book.Figure some here might have ideas i have not thought of.Picture help a ton.

Tim Jones:
Here's ours on our 60's comp coupe , first idea was two tubes that slid into each other, but with the amount of room we had turned out to be too much of a pain to work with , so I welded side tabs on to it and cut it lenght wise to make it easier axcess,, hope this makes sense,,    Tim Jones

dreracecar:
All depends how long it is and weather a dragster or funnycar

wideopen231:
My bad. been building this car so long just figured everyone knew.FED and shaft will be right at 19" long waiing for trans coupler to get final measurement.Oh yea lite weight while being safe is huge on list.Heck f had money I would probably PARKS it .you know titainium thing.
Thinking about 1/8" aluminum with two sleave setup mounted on studs at trans and rear right now.

dreracecar:
Split the alu tube and rivet edges to 1 half and use SS t-bolt/marmon clamps. One on each end and 2 between them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version