Technical > Roo Man's Room

Killer Tire shake Need Help.

<< < (2/6) > >>

masracingtd1167:
Larry I am guessing that you are talking about Charlie Bensons car ? That is a really big tire that he runs . Dose it shake right at the hit or dose it spin into a shake . A lot of the guys with big HP Top Dragsters are running that Mickie Thompson tire with a lot of success . It would be nice if he could borrow a set from one of the Pro Comp guy's at Epping . What low gear dose he run . 

ricci32:
not sure on gear but it shakes right at the hit violent shake.

ricci32:
He likes the top end speed with the larger tires if he gets a good launch. Charlie does an amazing job for a guy who builds everthing himself motors trans and rears and the speed he runs is mind blowing. but he is still a budget racer pushing his equipment to the max.

masracingtd1167:
Larry It sounds like it is dead hooking . The only thing that I can think of would be to lower the rear tire pressure like a 1/2 lbs and try it . The reason that I mentioned the Mickie's is we tried a set on my sons Top Dragster when we out at Norwalk I know it is not the same as Charlie's but we were spraying with 2 kits at 300 hp each and brought the m both in right at the hit and the tire was smooth as can be . It dose not wadd up like the Hoosier . He ran his quickest ever e.t. at 6.54 with no shake or Quiver . Scott Hall would be a good guy to talk to . He might have some good idea's . See you guy's at the Hot Rod Reunion we can b.s. a little !   

dreracecar:
Rear motor top dragsters have different dynamics then a Front engine dragster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version