Technical > Roo Man's Room

Killer Tire shake Need Help.

(1/6) > >>

ricci32:
My friend has a former tf 2001 sterling chassis dragster he has raced the car for several years , this season he stepped up his engine program using a blown bbc 496 inch engine the car has always had a problem with tire shake but this year has been horrible. he runs a large rear tire set up, I will get the exact size. with the prior engine he ran mid 6's with a top speed of 210mph the car has always run a big block chevy. any idea on thing we could try or look for. the car looks like the tire rolls over its self and has bent and broken the wheelie bar in the past. the tire shake is so violent that it has damaged the car on several past runs. there is no driving through the shake. any suggestions would be appreciated.

dreracecar:
Clutch or PG ?  Waiting on tire size(manuf) and rim width and tire pressure, launch RPM's?

ricci32:
hoosier 33.5 17 16on a 16x16 rim 6psi launch  2500

ricci32:
powerglide trans

dreracecar:
Dont know about Hoosiers, but 1/2" increments with Goodyears  is a door car tire,  but besides that, trying to run a  fuel tire combo on a light weight dragster with a PG and low RPM launch does not work. Too much tire and no bottom end HP (@ 2500 rpm) is the problem.   I always recomend 12" on the tire width and keep the rim 2" narrower. He's not going to like what I said because it means he is going to spend money on rims and tires and will just try and make what he has work instead of fixing it. With todays racing surfaces and prep an tire compounds, 12" of rubber is more than enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version