Technical > Roo Man's Room

Quick Release Steering Hub

(1/2) > >>

1916Racer:
I have a 1959-60 98 inch Dragmaster I'm restoring. Was there a type of Quick Release Steering Hub used on Dragsters back during this time. If people were making their own would anyone have a picture of one. It's a tight squeeze fitting in this thing, but I want to keep it period correct. Thanks Charles.

Paul New:
I would say no drivers were the skinniest guy at the track typically at least from the pics I have seen.... Lol to young to have been around

BK:
Not sure what your wheel looks like. Sometimes if you turn them 90 degrees it will make it easier to get in.

LZ:
This question brought something to mind. It was awhile ago at some race whilst looking around pits there was this car Altered or dragster ??? , cant recall. But I vividly remember the wheel up on cowl.  It had a socket welded to it and there was either a Hex head screw or some hex stock welded to steering shaft.
People now would go what a hack , but that is just the way it was back then. There was no Summit or Jegs, Cheap Chinese parts. Internet. cell phones  :) ;) :D ;D

good luck keep us up to date.
Luke

rooman:
I first raced in 1966 and it was a long time before I saw anyone who had a quick release wheel. Even the circle track cars in those days had fixed wheels and the driver had to figure out how to work his way around it.

Roo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version