Technical > Roo Man's Room

Where can you run??

<< < (2/3) > >>

dreracecar:

--- Quote from: Countn Carbs on July 07, 2015, 06:30:49 AM ---  I want a safe car but yet an old looking car and that can be a hard batch to mix.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, that statement is a bunch of crap. Maybe if your asperations are quicker then 7.50, but an old style car can be built and still meet spec. One just has to run the plans through your local chassie cert guy along the way. I have had to do some odd builds but being in contact with the cert guy during left no surprizes for him to scratch his head over. Plus the next time it needs cert, but with a different guy, all he does is check tubing size because the design was already approved once before

Countn Carbs:
No need to be sorry and that's why I'm asking....you guys know, I don't -  but I want to learn.
Good to know there can be a path one can take, do it the right/safe way and end up with a quality car.

Tim Jones:
Ours is based off a Chassis Research T440,powered by a flathead, I've add alot of tubeing to the cockpit area for safety, as you can see, it was buildt to run the type of races you are talking about, Being old and beat up I asked my Girlfriend Beth to drive it, She had never even sat in a dragster before this, so were taking our time with her before running it on a track,Lots of time on the stands and now a few times in the yard, easier to fix problems at home than at the track, anyway here's some pics of what we started with and what it turned into,, Tim Jones

Tim Jones:
BTW  I have her wearing  SFI 20 suit also ,, It might be over kill,, But Keep in mind a gas powered motor can soak you in hot oil just as easy as a nitro motor,, Tim Jones

slingshot383:
The HAMB drags at MoKan in Missouri is where you are looking to race.  Go to the HAMB message board, and you'll get all the information you need.  Or go to MoKan's website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version