Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

safety equipment

<< < (3/4) > >>

dreracecar:
Exposed trans(driver not seperated by full coverage floorpan or bulkhead/firewall) requires fireboots over your shoes. with hot trans oil, would would be greatfull for the extra layers.

Also go by whichever org (NHRA-IHRA) has the tightest rules and not the more lax requirments---that way one is never caught off guard.

A -5 suit is nothing but covering to destiguish you apart from the spectator crowd
  -5 = 5 seconds in a fire before serious skin damage
  -15 = 15 seconds
  -20 = 20 seconds

23T Hemmee:

--- Quote from: dreracecar on June 03, 2015, 08:15:36 AM ---
  Also go by whichever org (NHRA-IHRA) has the tightest rules and not the more lax requirments---that way one is never caught off guard.
--- End quote ---

Most excellent advice!!!

masracingtd1167:
2 years ago it became mandatory for any car that runs quicker than 7.50 to use a head and neck restraint ! After using mine for the last couple of years I would never go back to a neck collar even if I was running a high 8 second car ! You feel so much more secure with it on !

23Taltered:
i got my car certified this weekend and even while at the track no one could give me a straight answer on which suit I need, I know the safer the better but its hard to want to spend $1200+ on a suit when I could spend less than half that and be out racing. from what I read in the rule book it says that in an altered with a  supercharged engine a 15 suit is required but it doesn't say anything about a naturally aspirated motor. at this point the suit is really the only thing holding me up from racing.

George:

--- Quote from: 23Taltered on July 06, 2015, 01:08:47 PM ---i got my car certified this weekend and even while at the track no one could give me a straight answer on which suit I need, I know the safer the better but its hard to want to spend $1200+ on a suit when I could spend less than half that and be out racing. from what I read in the rule book it says that in an altered with a  supercharged engine a 15 suit is required but it doesn't say anything about a naturally aspirated motor. at this point the suit is really the only thing holding me up from racing.

--- End quote ---

Did you say safer is better ? Guess you got your answer. I hope. George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version