Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

safety equipment

(1/4) > >>

23Taltered:
can anyone tell me what is required for safety equipment (helmet, suit, shoes, gloves, etc..) for the IHRA? altered that will run somewhere around 5.0 in the 1/8th running a naturally aspirated motor on alcohol. cant seem to find any solid answers.

GlennLever:
Here is a link to IHRA rule book

http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=240884#{"issue_id":240884,"page":0}

Both NHRA and IHRA rules books are confusing. the equipment "builds" as you go higher in classes.

5.0 in the 1/8 will be some where around  8.0 or a little better in the 1/4 (165 mph)

You will need to know what class you will be running in, do you have a license yet?

23Taltered:
I do not have my license yet, this will be my first open bodied car running that fast.

hemidakota:
I would call an IHRA tech. When I licensed tech told me I needed a 20 layer suit, after a phone call to NHRA tech we found that n/a on alky with a firewall in a fed only needed a 5 layer suit. Not sure on an altered.

23T Hemmee:
If your tranny (glide, planetary) on any front motored car is fully enclosed by a tunnel you can run a -5, if any part is exposed to the driver, you have to run a -20, at least in NHRA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version