Technical > Roo Man's Room

Determining wheelie bar flex

<< < (2/2)

wideopen231:
Mines pretty much the same. I did use clevis at frame so as to eliminate any side to side movement. Only checked centerline dozen times before and after welding. Has adjustment built in to top bar connection. Also slide tube to allow pinning it up for easy loading and unloading. I have not added the crossbar set up yet. Trying to decide best way.

dusterdave173:
My 200 inch Cenpen with MT 33x10.5 has a 48 inch bar--two top single bottom--run it close like 2 1/2 to 3 in high
I Have a plain old 350  car runs mid 5's 1/8th so no powerhouse but
I started leaveing real hard on the converter ( like 3500-4000)--it would hit the bar Hard and unload it all
Long story short
started leaving from idle car has settled right down and is a pleasure--I know what it is going to do now where before--it was different every time--
I have no braces just the three bars   It is not flexing it any I can tell now based on photos of the leave

wideopen231:
My inital plans are to launch around 5500 with 6600 stall. Hemi  should do around 1000 hp maybe lil more. Guess different approach. I figure to hit tires hard enough to get car up on tire quick and be boarderline spinning them. Non agressive has never been my way. present tires are 15x14x32 hoosiers and plans are for simular size MT's soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version