Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

Altered or Front Engine Dragster

<< < (2/6) > >>

GlennLever:
I understand the length definition, but if you are not sitting on top of the rear end to me it isn't and FED

H.G. Wells:
Glenn, I am with you.
The first one of these I ever saw in West Texas the guy called a "Funster" back half of a funny and they grafter a dragster front end on. It also had a coupe body.

The green one with the bantam body in the first pick is about the slickest one I have ever seen.

I am struggling in choosing another FED or an altered and I would not want one of these. Maybe I need both?

LZ:

--- Quote from: Scott G on January 27, 2015, 11:28:44 AM ---Guys first post here. I have been looking into getting a FED but looked at this recently. It is out of NY. Started out as a 125" S&W funny chassis and is currently at a 190". Some have said dragster and others altered. I would like to think at 190" it is a dragster. If anyone knows anything about it let me know. Going to contact the seller here shortly. Thanks Scott

--- End quote ---

Scott had to think aboutit  but knew I saw this car before.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/current-photos-of-modern-day-nostalgia-race-cars.601216/#post-6681179

Posts of that car before it was stretched. Think its same guy. ???
Luke

Scott G:
Spoke with him on the phone and it is the same guy. Started out as a late 70's fuel car at 125". Setup as pictured as a 105 and us now a 190. Still has the clip for a 125"er. Thanks for the post.

George:
I'm not a fan of a long wheelbase with a wide body. It's different for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version