Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

head & neck restraint

(1/2) > >>

hotrodharley:
Just had a friend give me his Defnder head/neck support that has a 38.1 SFI TAG on it;;will I be able to use this with my AA/FA?[got to get recertified is all]

msundstrom:
I believe they will still recertify it, cost depends on when it was made. Older ones like mine was about $250, was not very happy with that. They will give a discount/trade-in for a new NeksGen??  give them a call, the rules may have changed , my experience was over a year ago.
Mark S

hotrodharley:
called defender today and they said be $270 back to me recert;;they didn't say anything about trade-ins;;i'm sort of getting it free almost;;a case of beer and one of my t-shirts is all he said he wanted for it.the woman I talked to didn't know if the SFI 38.1 was what NHRA//IHRA required me to wear or not;;just don't want to spend the $270 if NHRA won't accept it for me to use in my AA/FA

masracingtd1167:
I wonder why it would cost so much to re cert one ? A new Simpson is about 600 dollars .

gregm784:
Simpson charged me $20 (yes, $20) to recert my HANS at the CHRR last year. I couldn't believe.  I'm safer now!  the sticker says so!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version