Technical > Roo Man's Room

PRI

<< < (3/4) > >>

rooman:
I talked to Dimitri from Strange today and he said that when they did their spindles they simply copied the existing units. I just set one of my Strange units up in the lathe chuck and measured the king pin angle relative to the lathe bed and it is 8 degrees. To make sure I was doing it right I put a McKinney spindle up next and it measured the same. Interesting the P-S Machine spindles off my Don Long car measure in at 8.5+ degrees but they had the bushes reamed after they were chromed back in 1969 and that may be where the discrepancy comes from.
I had made a new axle for one of my customers this week and cut the notch to the same angle as I always did for the Stiletto spindles (and more recent Strange units) and the boss fit perfectly with the spindles in my Mark William style fixture.

Roo

dreracecar:
Bad QC at Strange then

SPE  8.5
M/W  8.5
P&S 8.5
OEM Anglia  8.5
Strange   7.5

all measured the same way off the chuck in my lathe with a digital degree readout

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: dreracecar on December 24, 2014, 09:34:37 AM ---Bad QC at Strange then

SPE  8.5
M/W  8.5
P&S 8.5
OEM Anglia  8.5
Strange   7.5

all measured the same way off the chuck in my lathe with a digital degree readout

--- End quote ---

Bruce... have you called Strange about this??

dreracecar:
I did, said they would get back to me, that was 3 months ago, but figured I was the only one that brought it up "we sold hundreds of these and no problems", not many shops build front axles like I do anymore.

fuel749:
 not many shops build front axles like I do anymore.

They don't? How do they get made?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version