Technical > Roo Man's Room

support bar cut out

<< < (2/4) > >>

rooman:
If you have been running the car for five years and you don't find any cracks after blasting it I would leave it as it is.  Some chassis flex is usually beneficial at the hit as it helps avoid shocking the tires.   From your comment about not breaking the Powerglide do I understand that you have a transmission mount as well as front and mid plates. Again, don't mess with success but two mounting points are the norm.

Roo

FEDNV:
Yes the car does have a tranny mount but we never ran any bolts into the tranny so it was just sitting on the mount.  We were going to cut it out.  I asked about it on here awhile ago and the consensus was to not have one.  The car does have a mid plate and front plate.

Does anyone have any opinions on powder coating the chassis or just paint it?  I have heard pros and cons.

dreracecar:
I gave you mine, PC (powder coat) is fine if you dont plan on any repairs or changes that require welding

FEDNV:
Thanks dreracecar, my plan was the get the chassis media blasted then do a few changes to the chassis and inspection then get it powder coated. 

hotrod316:
we magmaflux all  the welds  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version